[Unbanned] Ban appeal: HippoEatsDwarf

Apparently I was banned? I don’t know why. I’ve been an active member for the past 2 months, and love Arcane.

What did I do wrong, and can I rectify the situation?

You were banned for using an X-ray mod or texture pack.

Well how do I prove to you that I’ve never done either of those things, unless optifine counts as a texture pack? I use that because my laptop gets around 10fps without it.

Well how do I prove to you that I’ve never done either of those things, unless optifine counts as a texture pack? I use that because my laptop gets around 10fps without it.[/quote]

I’ll post some screenshots of your mines and you can explain why they’re as they are, give me ten minutes or so

By all means.

Though I can explain my mining method right now: dig down to y11, make a small room, make tunnels 2 blocks apart, then give up on being organized and just mine off into oblivion without rhyme or reason.

Pardon the low quality for fast upload: youtube.com/watch?v=aNaZNBUr2DU

It looks very much like you were using xray of some sort, and trying to hide it. There are a lot of other very similar mines from you.

Here’s another one I threw together with screenshots: imgur.com/a/b6nxy#0

It’s just really odd that you decided to mine directly into that wall there.

Now I’m not sure if you remember mining them, but if you do, what was your logic? Just randomness?

I remember that one where I dug around behind the lava, I believe I did that several times throughout that same abandoned mineshaft, often also finding the source of the lava and placing a block over it to make it go away. Logic there is: I want to get past the lava safely. And it’s well known that diamonds are often near lava, so why not poke around.

I’ve been playing Minecraft for just over 2 months. I learned everything I know on Arcane. I learned how to find diamonds pretty well, mainly through just spending a bunch of time underground and mining around, usually randomly. You can ask user Cloot (if he ever logs in again), we have spent dozens of hours side by side mining together.

If you really want to ban me for being good at mining, then I don’t really know what to say. I shouldn’t have to defend myself for playing the game.

I am only trying to ensure that the server is free of cheaters - You must understand that. Anyhow, I’ll take a look at the diamonds nearby the lava based on what you said.

Could you also comment on the video I took?

I am only trying to ensure that the server is free of cheaters - You must understand that. Anyhow, I’ll take a look at the diamonds nearby the lava based on what you said.

Could you also comment on the video I took?[/quote]

Yes, what about the video? It looks like a typical mining mission from me. Any chance you are able to show me the beginning of that shaft, where I made it from top to bottom and started actually mining?

Sure, but that doesn’t change the fact that you zig zagged pretty much directly from diamond ore to diamond ore.

[quote=“HippoEatsDwarf”]And it’s well known that diamonds are often near lava

[/quote]

For future reference, this is untrue. Diamonds are no more likely to spawn near lava than any other place at that level.

Update: I couldn’t find a distinct start to your mine. I have no doubt you’ve spent hours mining, but it for sure looks like you do it with the help of X-ray. There are many times where you branch into the wall a few blocks, hit iron ore, and go back.

Here’s another group of suspicious diamonds. The first one is really odd because you’re mining straight for a while, then decide to mine to the right - and then slightly left, directly into diamond. Then you go back and zig zag toward another ore.

[quote=“jugglingman”][quote=“HippoEatsDwarf”]And it’s well known that diamonds are often near lava

[/quote]

For future reference, this is untrue. Diamonds are no more likely to spawn near lava than any other place at that level.[/quote]

Oh? Good to know.

But I don’t know what to say to this situation. I do not use xray. That is my official statement, I don’t know how to prove it to you. Up to you if you want to continue my ban.

Do you understand why this appears to be cheating? youtube.com/watch?v=gdmolv1inJ8

Your ban won’t be permanent, just to let you know

Yes, because the tunnels have no reason for their direction, and when they hit diamond, they ping off until they find diamond again. Looks suspicious because I’m doing nothing other than finding diamonds.

Thats how I mine. I smash rocks until I find diamonds, then when I find some, I go somewhere else and find some more.

Yes, because the tunnels have no reason for their direction, and when they hit diamond, they ping off until they find diamond again. Looks suspicious because I’m doing nothing other than finding diamonds.

Thats how I mine. I smash rocks until I find diamonds, then when I find some, I go somewhere else and find some more.[/quote]

Honest question - When you found those first diamonds there - why did you turn around and zig zag int the direction of other diamonds, why not simply keep mining?

Same deal with the diamonds near the lava in the mineshaft, you made a lot of tiny changes in direction that added up to diamond.

I usually figure that if I keep going in the same direction, it’ll take me longer to find more than if I deviate.

Cloot and I once mined side by side, 2 blocks apart for ~1000 blocks. I found several diamonds along our journey, while he found next to none. Had he deviated from his path even the slightest bit, he would’ve found way more. Going straight doesn’t make sense to me.

Ok, would you be interested in skyping with me and jugglingman? It should be much easier to convince us you’re innocent then going back and forth here.

You could also screenshare with one of us and you’ll be able to explain what you did in real time.

[quote=“Agentred”]Ok, would you be interested in skyping with me and jugglingman? It should be much easier to convince us you’re innocent then going back and forth here.

You could also screenshare with one of us and you’ll be able to explain what you did in real time.[/quote]

Not sure how to screenshare, but I can skype. my username is ‘the.tansley’