Not the Troll Market

“Not the Troll Market” has opened and is free for anyone to take a plot in order to make a shop where you can sell whatever you want! It is located in the Arcane Spawn Underground (Down on the Staircase to Bedrock).
Although all the rules are posted on a signwall in the market itself I will provide a quick unofficial overview in this thread. And expand on them.

Rules

1. Only one Plot per Person
  2. Do not extend your plot beyond the designated 8x8 area. 7 Height + Ceiling Block + Basement [To Bedrock]
  3. Claim only free plots.
  4. Claim plots by putting up a sign with your name.
  5. Only Shops can be built.
  6. Shop entrances have to face the street.
  7. Shops must have the owner name on a sign.
  8. Shops must state what they are selling.
  9. No open or uncontrolled lava or fire.
  10. Keep your shops well-lit.
  11. All mobs must be sitting, leashed or trapped.
  12. If you move your shop you must destroy your old one.
  13. Do not tamper with the street-signs.
  14. Don’t build or modify (on) the road.
  15. You cannot have a plot claimed for longer than 1 week without building a shop there
  16. Plots in the Redlight District are handed out by the Chief for specific builds which fit the theme of the district.

The Troll Market Chief
The Troll Market chief is a shop owner who is voted into office by shop owners in order to enforce the rules of “Not the Troll Market”. He can be voted out of office at any time by a 2/3 majority of shop owners after which he cannot run for office for 2 months. After 1 month since the Chief got voted into office a 1/4 minority of shop owners can initiate a formal voting. This procedure takes 1 week and is determined by majority vote on this thread by shop owners. Chiefs who want to run require a goblin to do so.

Incase of rulebreak, the Chief has the right to deconstruct shops in part or in full (Salvaging all resources and returning them to the shop owner) and to kill mobs who aren’t leashed, trapped or otherwise made immobile.
He can also propose to ban a shop owner from the market, to change existing rules or to add new rules, ratified by majority vote within 1 week.

Incase plots become scarce or none are left, expansion of the market is ordered by the Chief and new street names are made by him. He will declare which plots are free and which are inaccessible due to other builds being in the way. Inaccessible plots which are not fully inaccessible may become community buildings.

The Goblin
The Goblin is the assistant of the Chief. Incase the Chief abdicates or is voted out of office, the goblin becomes chief. If the Goblin becomes Chief or abdicates, a new Goblin is voted into office. A chief needs a Goblin in order to run for office in a Formal Voting.
The Goblin needs to be a shop owner and can be voted on by shop owners. No person may be Goblin and Chief at the same time.

Current Chief & Goblin
2nd Chief: DClem
2nd Goblin: None yet

Voting
Mode: Voting for a goblin
Duration: Until Friday the 26th of September

I vote for Karasaar & DClem.

DClemasaar is love.
DClemasaar is life.

[size=50]DOWN WITH DCLARASAAR! I VOTE FOR MYSELF BECAUSE I AM THE BEST AND NEITHER DCLEM OR KARASAAR ARE ENGLISH AND ENGLAND RULES AND EVERYWHERE ELSE SUCKS I LOVE THE QUEEN GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN GOD SAVE THE QUEEN SEND HER VICTORIOUS HAPPY AND GLORIOUS LONG TO REIGN OVER US GOD SAVE THE QUEEN[/size]

I HAVE WITHDRAWN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION. I HAVE DECIDED TO VOTE FOR TACOBBY BECAUSE HE IS NOT KARASAAR. HOWEVER IF TACOBBY DOES NOT WIN I VOTE FOR CLEMASAAR BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DCLEM AS SOMEONES BITCH.

…Merica.

Habbs. You need to have a goblin in order to run.

I vote for Clemasaar :smiley:

Long Live the Pumpkin God and the odM odG !

I held my vote to Karasaar. Karasaar to be the troll cheif!

I vote for the pumpkin gods.

I vote for Karasaar to be the Chief!
… and I vote the odM (or odG) to be the Goblim!

I, Karasaar wish to be voted into office as Chief.
My Goblin shall be DClem.

I myself have a vested interest in community projects as you can see in my involvement in the creation and organisation of the Nether Highway, Fortress and the Arcane Stairway to Bedrock including the Dojo, Sheep Farm, Cow Farm and the “Not the Troll Market” itself. I have also helped in the creation of the spawn beacons, the flooding of end island and enderender ice road/beacon.
All this shows that I am capable at organising and am a trustworhty candidate.

My goblin is naturally qualified since he is a mod. He also invested in the community by participating in building the level 1 underground of spawn, the dojo and the “Not the Troll Market” itself.
[color=#FF0000]
ONCE I AM ELECTED CHIEF I WILL ERECT A RED LIGHT DISTRICT. WITH BLACKJACK & HOOKERS.AND DCLEM WILL BE MADE A STRIPPER[/color]

Naturally, I vote for Karasaar & DClem.

I Vote myself for either position!

Kar told me i should post my Koalifications for Chief so here they are.

1. I am not Karasaar
  2. refer to #1
  3. I am online at least 5 hours a day.
  4. I am very friendly and polite to anyone.
  5. I love all mobs, even slimes. Refer to Kaces in my shop, she will tell you how much i love her.
  6. I ride a white pony named Claire.
  7. I have Bby as my goblin, yea, sexy goblin.
  8. Refer to #2
  9. My skin is Rick Grimes so you know i can be your leader for a long time and lead you to victory with minor deaths.
  10. I play guitar.
  11. I am not a mod like DClem so i will have more time for the people.
  12. DClar have alot on their plates daily, help take the stress off of them.
  13. I am one week old in this server so i dont hate anyone or have favorites.
  14. Tacos.
  15. Vanilla Ice supports me. Ice Ice Bby.
  16. Refer to #7
  17. Free iron block to whoever votes for me(not a bribe)
  18. I have never griefed… besides killing bby…
  19. I dont have a job so i can play more and my social life is at a stand still so more time to the people.
  20. I shall rule this kingdom with my diamond sword and my iro… i mean… i shall help this kingdom…
  21. I AM NOT KARASAAR

Vote TacoInIce and Bbycakes for your 2014 Chief and Goblin

I second Tacoinice. #1, #2, & #7 are arguably the best political points ever made, ranking right next to opposition to the military industrial complex, freedom of speech, and guns.

As I clearly understand and support my candidate wholeheartedly,will be absolutely no help in running, nor take ony blame for possible failures to run, I nominate myself for Goblin.

If any oppose me, I’d turn your attention to the confirmation of Sarah Palin for JM’s running mate against the Kenyan overlaaaard Obaaama. She was validated, and so was I.

My first action as Goblin will be to claim that DCclem is unfit to run as he is really a banana (Clem, take that however you feel).

My second action will be to permanently maim a friend of mine, and make him apologize to him publicly. I will claim he touched my giblett.

There, being that nobody opposes this new gruesome twosome (youtube.com/watch?v=jHQcvqaHpoY), when do we start?

Again it’s really amazing to me that nobody understands the very simple Chief & Goblin principle.
In a formal voting for chief, the chief must have a goblin in order to run and the goblin must have a chief to run with.
This is basically the american system of President/Vice President.
You can’t just put yourself up for the running-mate if you don’t have anyone to RUN WITH.

I vote for Karrasar and Dclem. Their diam… I mean speaches, convinced me to vote for them instead of their ugly and smelly counterparts.

Do you want to follow your dream aswell?
Vote Karasaar & DClem!

I really like this. I need to build a plot :slight_smile:

Kara + DClem get my vote.

<3

I vote Clemasaar :wink: