[Unbanned] MAT657 "Apparently I griefed?"

I joined the server today (15th Sep) and after 5 minutes I was banned. I dont think I did anything wrong and apparently I was warned by ‘Khuzdbuzd’ but I got no message in chat warning me I was doing something wrong.

All that I know was that I was looking through the town and noticed some free chests (which they stated) so I took some stuff and wrote ‘love’ in one chest as a friendly thing with the stuff in it. I also took some watermelon in which I replaced. The only thing I would consider I did which was griefing was that I accidentally broke one log of jungle wood, which I would of replaced and put back down but got banned before.

I dont see how any of this is griefing and if what I was doing was breaking the rules then could I actually get a message warning me rather than a false statement.

Thank you for your consideration for reading this.

You looked at a sign (on someone’s base) that said: “please do not touch”, you resumed to purposefully destroy a block of dirt right under the sign. That attitude is not appreciated on this server. Thinking you had made a mistake I even placed back that block of dirt, hoping you hadn’t done anything on purpose. You then went to take watermelon, which is fine, but also took away two pieces of green carpet there, covering water for a reason. I warned you of your mistake and you did not reply (don’t worry, I always take screenshots). I waited a couple of minutes in the hopes you would reply. You did not, I then banned you.

Does that make it a bit more clear for you?

The block of dirt was behind the sign, I didnt know that was griefing if you break dirt? Silly me. I just assumed that the carpet was for the taking, I didnt realise that it wasnt suppose to be taken? For that I shall apologise, but seriously I didnt see any messages warning me about it. If I did then I would have placed the carpet and dirt back.

You admitted to what you did wrong. Expect an unban date soon.

Minor incident, so I’ll go ahead and unban you now. Please be more careful in the future!