Tab for a Cause

Tab for a Cause is a Google Chrome app that donates money to charity every time you open a new app. Beside donating to a good cause, it also gives you a better new tab page!

You can download it here: tabforacause.org/?r=11068828

Wafflexboy introduced it to me, and I love it.

Shouldn’t this be in the Chat/Off Topic section?

EDIT: Moved by Simon

Moved accordingly.

Sometimes, I don’t get some of those organizations who tell people to do something so simple and (can be) unrelated to indirectly donate to charity…

Opens new tab
Searches up “how to kill a fish”

This sounds pretty awesome, thanks for posting.

Might just have to try this out.

Though I’m wondering, does this count if I click a link with the “Open in a New Tab/Window”? or is it just going to the New Tab page?

[quote=“Dragon_DLV”]Might just have to try this out.

Though I’m wondering, does this count if I click a link with the “Open in a New Tab/Window”? or is it just going to the New Tab page?[/quote]

It counts going to the New Tab page. It places small ads in the bottom corner. Each ad can earn 1/10th to 1/5th of a cent. You see this money raises as ‘hearts’ that you can then choose what kind of charity you want the money to go to.

Now, 1/10th of a cent really doesn’t seem like that much. Even after opening 200 new tabs, that is only 20 cents. But think of it this way, if everyone in the world gave you just $1, you would be a multi-billionaire. So if a couple hundred thousand people all donate 20 cents a week, then that can make a huge difference in getting fresh water into third world countries, and teaching children how to read.

It is a small thing do to for a much greater cause. Please, just try it out. If you don’t like it you can always remove it.

p.s. some reviews of the chrome add-on in the chrome store say that they have trouble removing it from chrome. I have tried it myself and I am able to remove it. Let me know if you are having any troubles.