Spawn Suburb Clean-up FINISHED! BONUS: New storage area!

Thanks to:

• Dclem
    -Encylcosaurus
    -SimonORJ
    -Melium
    -Ytorgonak
    -Tigakor
    -bontrose
    -ryu
    -MissEmeraldLily

The South and East of Spawn looks much, much better

North and West Clean-up coming up!

We made a new storage facility, called the ChestCave, about 300m east of Spawn point. The server has a storage area for communal builds, and its currently located directly next to the spawn building, the House of Chests. These materials are from previous Spawn City projects, demolished buildings, and abandoned players inventories. There are dozens of chests in there so it doesn’t help the spawn lag.

In June, we are going to do a group move from the current House of Chests to the ChestCave.

Here are some shots:

Is this something where we could use storage minecarts to go back and forth or just have people run with all the stuff?

We used rail to transport all the recovered materials to the ChestCave, we would do the same for the House of Chests move. :wink:

Moving the chests form the House of Chests to the Chestcave is going to reduce lag at spawn for sure !

Okay good. Speaking of good, I’ll be on earlier than I thought. I estimated late June, but now that I know my finals schedule, I’ll probably be on on June 12th. I have my last final that afternoon.

EDIT: Looked on the Dynmap and saw some rails leading to the cave.

I really like the new storage area, nice job on that.

Question: What will the House of Chests be used for? Will it just be reused for something else? Demolished? Emptied out and bare?

I want it to be used for general public item storage as it was used for long time ago. Most chests will be gone.