Spawn Renewal UPDATE: Thanks all for participating!

After one week of planning, the renewal project is finally ready to kickoff tomorrow.

[color=#FF0000]Official hours: 1pm - 6pm US Eastern Time // 7pm - 12am Central European Time[/color]

If we dont finish, the staff will finish up during the week.

Removal

You must ask staff before you can participate. Brand new players to Arcane will not be allowed to join for practical reasons.

Buildings to be removed have been marked by a Dirt Tower with torches on top, and a sign reading “Approved for Removal”. Even then, you must ask staff for confirmation before tearing down a building. We can quickly teleport to you so you won’t have to wait long.

All materials gathered must be returned to the Community Storage Building. If you dont know where it is, ask a staff member to point it out.

Chests that are found within removed builds will be taken care of by the staff.

No excessive arguing with staff; anyone found to be rude or disruptive will be removed from the event, possibly muted, or even face a 1-day ban. You may question staff on certain things but persistent resistance will slow down the process and waste our time.

Those who participate in the event will be rewarded accordingly. We will contact individual players with their reward, which will be based on cooperation and amount assisted.

Community Builds

The Farm District will be placed in Area #3 from the Farm District thread, in the valley east of the Ice Farm. This was done to fix the lag problem at Spawn, and concentrate as many community farms as possible in one area. The build will be carried out by staff, and we will contact players who we might need to help out in the build. If you wish to help, contact a staffer through PM and we will take it into consideration. Please do not spam us.

The Embassy District and the Graveyard are low priority builds so we will be taking care of them once everything else has been completed. Staff will contact players to lead/help in the project, please PM one if you are interested.

The Statue will be moved across the street, and a pedestal erected under it. Staff will handle this particular project, and will not require the assistance of the community.

A new PvP Arena will be built to replace the underground one we currently have. Please contact staff if you would like to Lead the project, assist in it, or provide design ideas.

The New Spawn

There will be a lot of space available for spawn, and while you will be allowed to claim slots for yourself, please wait for us to be fully done with the renewal and assign areas for community builds. Once we are settled, we willlet you know when you can claim areas at spawn. Those who assisted will be given priority over others.

Participators will be on Mumble to hang out and play together. However, please refrain from hogging the airways or being loud and/or rude. We will mute people at our own discretion.

Most importantly however: Have fun!. This is a community event and it’s a chance for us all to play and do something together. So join us tomorrow and have some fun!

Hey all,

Today’s event was a great success! I would like to thank everyone who was involved in the renewal project, especially aljady, bbycake, and USMC_Blockhead, who kept our storage nice and organize as we dumped tons of material on them. We couldnt have done it without your help!

Despite making great progress, we were only able to clear about half the spawn, so we will be holding a second event next Sunday to hopefully finish the clean up!

Areas designated for the Community projects were cleared, so let us know if you would like to lead or participate any of the planned projects.

Here is a picture which I think best captures the spirit of the day!

Group picture! (Sadly some people were missing as they had already headed out)

I know a number of you took pictures, so please post them here!

Bonus: DClem’s creepy statue

Action Shot
http://i.imgur.com/1lP3fUn.png

Ladder View
http://i.imgur.com/8g57LBS.png

[quote=“JogarCraft”]Ladder View
http://i.imgur.com/8g57LBS.png[/quote]
Whoo, that monster of darkness is finally gone! :smiley:
Thanks, and great job everyone!

A big BIG thanks to everyone who participated! I want to personally thank the regulars, but the ones who deserve a very special thanks in my opinion are our recently joined players. They showed a great sense of community and dedication yesterday and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know they’re going to be with us in the future.

Thanks everyone!

Can I, or anyone willing to, be a removal-staff member and help with the Spawn cleaning?

What can I say? It was awesome, everyone was awesome, it’s all awesome!
I was more focused on the storage side so special thanks to all the people who have put up with, and somehow understood without a single word exchanged the schizophrenic chest organization. bbycake, Jogarcraft, Blockhead pushing the insanity even further by sorting the contents of the chests as she went, resident hobo Dragon for the garbage disposal and generous redistribution of useful items, and everyone else for emotional support!

There’s still a lot to be done and I’m looking forward to doing it all over again!

I should be on this evening, since I’ve been informed that the Garbage is getting a tad full.
I have some more pictures as well, and I’ll put them up later tonight.

Next on Spawn Renewal: the Pit Filling General Disaster. Stay tuned for gruesome pictures of checkered cobble, laggy lava and huge underground gaps. To be continued with the Spawn Pit Re-digging Project!

We dont speak of such things

pics!

Getting Started
http://i.imgur.com/5RBBt4K.png

Almost Done
http://i.imgur.com/jIlH4fO.png