Spawn Renewal Project: Builds we are keeping

Please use this thread to point out builds you would like to keep in the new spawn. Add links to pictures of relevant builds/areas, along with a reason you’d like to keep it.

Builds you would like to be torn down go in the other thread. This thread will serve as discussion for good builds and why they should be kept. While we value your opinion, the ultimate decision will be taken by AgentRed and Jugglingman.

In this thread you may also post about builds that you want to keep but need some additional work to improve.

As always, be civil. This is an opinion thread.

I’m excited about the spawn revival! I’m terribly sorry I haven’t been available much this fall but i DO plan on finishing my spawn home in the month of November. I’d love the opportunity to finish it! I was on recently to connect the path nearby. Attached is a picture of my build. Again sorry I haven’t been on much, I moved to a new state at the end of Summer and this fall has been a period of adjustment and lots of travel for my work. I’m planning on working on it in the next two weeks and throughout Nov/Dec. I live in Wisconsin and Winters are long =) Looking forward to seeing you all more!

I believe this build will be a quality addition to spawn once finished. The bones are solid and well thought-out. I’ll be swapping out materials and adding more depth, windows, columns and landscaping. I’m also good at interiors.

Here is my home from the Realms server I was on prior to joining Arcane. imgur.com/a/c8A8C

More of my MC builds here: acidargyle.imgur.com/

imgur.com/a/WTOzX

I would like my rink to be saved. I took so much time making it, I don’t want to see it destroyed.

Both builds are safe!

PS: never intended to get rid of the hockey ring, it’s really cool!

Hahaha :laughing:

Pun likely not intended

Hahaha :laughing:

Pun likely not intended[/quote]

huheuheuheuhe

Acidargyle, you have failed to respond to my pm’s and have not decided to continue your build. Permission is therefore given for it to be taken down. For the people who would like to take it down: please notify us in this thread.

Thank you.

[quote=“Khuzdbuzd”]Acidargyle, you have failed to respond to my pm’s and have not decided to continue your build. Permission is therefore given for it to be taken down. For the people who would like to take it down: please notify us in this thread.

Thank you.[/quote]

I don’t see the need for it to be taken down, someone can go along and build it if needed. I like working with stone structures. However, let us all give Acidagyle a longer chance and if nothing is done by the end of January, some qualified builder on this server should be given the option to build on the structure. If no one is interested, by the 10th of February, the building ought to be removed.

[quote=“HeartsFlame”][quote=“Khuzdbuzd”]Acidargyle, you have failed to respond to my pm’s and have not decided to continue your build. Permission is therefore given for it to be taken down. For the people who would like to take it down: please notify us in this thread.

Thank you.[/quote]

I don’t see the need for it to be taken down, someone can go along and build it if needed. I like working with stone structures. However, let us all give Acidagyle a longer chance and if nothing is done by the end of January, some qualified builder on this server should be given the option to build on the structure. If no one is interested, by the 10th of February, the building ought to be removed.[/quote]

It is not up to you to decide if he is given another chance. I also don’t see why you have to respond in such a commanding fashion.

He was given a chance in November last year, he was then given a pm in December for another month. He failed to respond to both and his last log-in was the first of December. The building can go.

You still did not address my idea of if someone should do something with that build. It is in a prime location and if someone has the ability to do something with the build they should! We want spawn to look better, we don’t want to leave a nasty open area where nothing is for a while, let’s keep it but add detail, depth and texture to it like Acid proposed.
We can see evidence of this happening before where Aljady had planned a farm storage area building and we incorporated that into the current farm district. We can simply do this again going off the plan that was left behind by Acid. It’s not that hard adding the above to a build and it has a stunning design layout.

This situation has nothing in common with the farm district that was from the beginning thought with Aljady’s building in mind…

This situation has nothing in common with the farm district that was from the beginning thought with Aljady’s building in mind…[/quote]

I was trying to say that people have left behind remains of what they were planning and we can go on what they have already done. Sorry :slight_smile:

If we get no reply shortly, I will start building on it. If you are not happy with the result, feel free to tear it down Khuz.

[quote=“HeartsFlame”][quote=“DClem”][quote=“HeartsFlame”]
If we get no reply shortly, I will start building on it. If you are not happy with the result, feel free to tear it down Khuz.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I understand your arguments which have been taken into consideration but the decision has been taken to clear that land last year. I would discourage you from taken actions that would go against an explicit staff decision. There is no need to create conflict regarding a build that was to go 2 months ago.

Well, I can’t say no to you removing some build at spawn but can I then request permission for that area of land to build at? Of course following the rules Rhaylon has set out to prevent lag.

So first of all, I apologize for not being active in the past few months, and for leaving that build unfinished. I see it was 95% removed with the exception of some random top and misc blocks floating around. Is it at all possible to restore my build and move the whole thing away from spawn so I can complete it at my slower-than-required-for-spawn pace? I put a lot of thought into that and was excited to finish it. Again, sorry for not being active.

We don’t use world edit, sorry. We can reimburse the stuff already taken though.