Spawn Renewal Project: Build and Area Ideas

This thread will be used to discuss which community builds you would like to see added at spawn, as well as designation of districts at spawn for community-related activities.

You may also discuss current community builds that you would like to improve, move, or replace.

We will also discuss allocation of space for these builds.

Keep in mind that since this thread is based on availability of space, the final decision on where new builds will be placed will be taken once we have a clear picture of what builds we are clearing and keeping.

When proposing a new district or build,please be clear in what you want out of it so the community can better put that into reality come Sunday!

While we value your opinion, the ultimate decision will be taken by AgentRed and Jugglingman.

As always, this is an opinion thread to please be civil.

I would like to tear down the house beneath the statue north of spawn, put it on a proper pedestal and remodel the statue for different holidays/events/themes.
We would decide which skin to put on by a contest where players submit skins/statue-designs to the forum where we would hold a vote.

As some of you might’ve heard DClem had the idea of creating an embassy district and also, perhaps less well known an Arcane Grand Colloseum and a Harbor. I suggest to use the following area-distribution for these projects:

Red - Embassy District. I have asked Jaydawg134 if it would be possible to move his Arcane General hospital to a different position and if that can be done we would have enough space to keep up the embassy district forever.
Leaving the potato-farm where it is while there aren’t as many builds would be a good idea. Obviously we would place trees and flowers and so on in the empty plots. They could form a sort-of garden-area while not as many embassies are built.
Yellow - Harbor area. this would be a free-build area where people could build boats and several other harbor-themed things.
Purple - Arcane Grand Colloseum. The idea is to build a large PvP arena at this position in order to show off our creativity. I don’t know how large this will turn out to be so I simply reserved plenty of space for this.
Green - Farms. I have layed out what farms to place here in another thread.

I believe our spawn should be an area to showcase our talent to new players.

New player should join, walk around spawn and see a bunch of well-done buildings, and think, “Wow, there’s a lot of talent here, I think I’ll stay!”

We have a lot of talented builders here. I think giving them areas around spawn, after it is cleared, to make it pretty again would be great.

Here’s a design for the pedestal for the spawn statue.

12x12 with gold blocks and redstone lamps in the middle. The stone brick is where the statue’s gonna be.
Gonna adjust it slightly for 3 high instead of 1 high once we’re doing the build.

An update on this part of our Spawn Project.

We are going to build:

A Farm district: Still hashing out details on location and farms included, as well as who will lead the build

Embassy District: Same thing as farm district

New Arena: Seeing as our underground spaces are being emptied, we are planning to build a new PvP arena. Tentative location has been established and project coordinator for now is DClem.

Graveyard: Still hashing out details, but it will be a graveyard for inactive and banned players.

Statue: The current statue will be moved across the street, and a platform will be built to hold it. The statue will represent different holidays throughout the year, celebrate special events, birthdays, etc etc. We are currently looking for submissions of platform designs. Best design will be picked on Saturday (or Sunday prior to the event)

If you have comments, suggestions for new builds, or concerns, please provide them on this thread.

I’d like to speak for the railway projects (2) going on.

The N/S railway (Old name: Arcane Metro(?)) will travel from the Rail Hub down to the Waterfall area underground. Past that, it’d be cool if it can be brought up to street level or elevated railway… Or it can be kept underground to the end of Parkour bridge… I don’t really know what to do. One thing it can do is make the rail travel little west (behind the building in front of farm) and stay on land, or another thing it can do is continue underground. I just don’t really know the best way, so I’d like your opinion. Also, through the renovation, it will need (little) room for another station on the west side of the fountain.

The East Parkway Rail goes from the Hub to the area next to the Ice Farm right now. It is to be extended to the “station” set up between the two towns little ways to the East Road (near the End). This will stay on or above ground the most time, so some room for the rail would be awesome (if there was a plan to build something there…).

Also, please note that I’m offline throughout Sunday (If you haven’t figured).

Simon, try before sunday to sit down with myself or khuz so you can show us better what you need for the railway. However, if you reserve areas for the railway you really need to work on it and finish it, cause its been sitting there for two or three months now incomplete