Spawn Area Street Address

Heya guys!

I have a random idea.

We should give each of the roads at spawn some road numbers for small roads and names for some bigger roads. Then, we can have building numbers assigned to each.

With naming roads, some roads might have to be readjusted to better fit the system. This does NOT mean fully grided roads, just close enough to make continuous roads look connected in a way.

Any suggestions?

=====
Map Update!

Possible street naming?
East-West roads (Streets(?)):[ol]
[li]Botanical Street[/li]
[li]Herbivore Alley[/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][Ravine Market] Street[/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li][/ol]
North-South roads (Avenues(?)):[ol]
[li]Medical [Hospital] Avenue[/li]
[li]Police [ASPD] Avenue[/li]
[li]Spring Lane/Avenue[/li]
[li]Gin Alley (between road code 7 and 8)[/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li]B455 Avenue[/li]
[li]Origin Hill[ul][]below road code 10: M4N Lane[/li][/ul][/:m][/ol]
Off-grid road:
1A. Dock Lane

Maybe just number buildings and name streets in general? With this idea,we could have a post office.

Sounds awesome!
I as a newbie feel like the spawn is very confusing, with streets and numbers it would be much easier to orient in the area

It’s going to be impossible to track everything…

Or we put plots everywhere, and that means we’ll loose the organic feel of spawn…

[quote=“DClem”]It’s going to be impossible to track everything…

Or we put plots everywhere, and that means we’ll loose the organic feel of spawn…[/quote]
It doesn’t always have to be in a grid. :stuck_out_tongue:

good idea. :smiley:

I like the letter and number idea…so if someone is looking for something you can tell them the corner of D and 7 th just like a down town area…

Letter and number is boring as hell, this is a small medieval town not manhattan. We aren’t so large that we need a grid for people to orient themselves. A numbered grid doesn’t fit at all with the theme.

As for changing road layouts, I think that to keep the organic feel the roads need to adapt to the builds, not the other away around, It’s what has made our spawn look so natural and nice this whole time.

The D road between street 7 and 8, I think that should be a standalone road, and I propose the name:

Gin Alley

Yes please !

But I still don’t see the point. Are we going to put signs everywhere in spawn for street names despite our efforts to diminish lag? Who is going to use the names? I don’t know if it’s really useful…

Not really. Also, few signs here and there shouldn’t cause lags.
Road naming is more for buildings and long roads, not just to label roads and force people to call the roads by name. Of course, it might not be so useful, but being useful is just part of the plan.

If it’s going to be labelled as real streets are (signs at every corner indicating the streets crossing), then we’re talking about something like 100 signs in Splawn… I’m concerned that it will affect performance at Spawn even more than it already is…

It won’t. And when I said few signs here and there, I mean few signs here and there, not on every corner.

If we make a street map image of spawn and put it on the website and forum, we wont need a ton of signs, like Simon said.

So if we’re going with this idea, here’s some name proposals:

Road 9 west of the South Road should definitely be “Market Road” since it goes through the Market entrance and then above it !

For the Farm/Embassy area, we should call:

1: Botanical Street
2 under the Farms: Herbivore Alley
A: Medical Street (in memory of the Arcane Hospital that use to stand there)
C: Spring Lane

[quote=“DClem”]
A: Medical Street (in memory of the Arcane Hospital that use to stand there)[/quote]

If that happens, then B or 2 should be named Police Street in memory of the ASPD Tower!

I agree ! I think B should be named something like “ASPD Avenue” for example !

I think “Dock Lane” would be sutiable for 1A since it just goes along the docks. I also nominate Origin Hill for road H since that road is so hilly.

Also, to make navigating more easy, most road name suffix should be street for E/W roads and avenue for N/S roads. Not all must have that suffix, but, in turn, E/W roads cannot have avenue as suffix and N/S roads cannot have street as suffix in any case.

Or we can come up with some other term.

What do you think?

[size=85]Feel free to give additional suggestion for already named roads. The more ideas, the merrier![/size]

I think it’s a great idea! It will make navigation a bit easier :slight_smile:

In that case, 11 should be Lighthouse street, quite logically.

Also, I propose that, in honor of B4SSM4N, a fricken awesome member of Arcane:
-the lower part of G be named “B4SS Avenue”
-the little “dip” at the end of 10 be named “M4N Street”

Both roads really only exists thanks to B4SSM4N’s influence on south of Spawn, since he’s base is right there !