[Spawn] Adding airship docks to the Spawn Harbor

Hello everyone !

Talking with Cecil_Harvey yesterday, he had a great idea of adding airship docks to the harbor !

We thought of using the planned “inner lighthouse” (Sry’s little abandoned house-island that needed to be re-purposed) into a modest but slightly taller tower with 4 airship docks, as well as a bridge linking it to the harbor.

What do you guys think about it?

what kinda ships? Space ships or like more fantasy caravels with hot air balloons?

The second one sounds awesome actually

Hyo, all, Cecil here.

The plan was to build just the dock itself plus the bridge to it. If we are to add airships, then I’d think that, like with water-faring ships, the players themselves can build them. However, I wouldn’t be opposed at all to helping build a ship or two.
As for the style, as Arcane is a medieval-aged/themed server, then I would suggest hot-air-balloons and ships of the style of, say, Final Fantasy (particularly FF4; I encourage looking these up online for ideas).

I’ve built a few airships, and I am, in fact, building one as my base on Arcane. It is at (-1462, -1350) in case you want to see it on the DYNmap.

I will probably put up some screenshots of my builds at a later time.

I think ballon-airships would be the only ones accepted, as more futuristic airships or spaceships would not look good with the Harbor theme !

This is the kind of design that I’m talking about; it’s mostly a standard, colonial-era ship, but with wings and propellers.
In my opinion, at least, it’s not too futuristic… and besides, the server name is “arcane,” a word meaning “obscure” and often related to magic. Given that, I don’t think this design would be too out of place… but that’s for the Mods to decide.

Well, I think you can go ahead Cecil, nobody seems to be opposed to the idea :slight_smile:

I’m current moving into a new flat, so I don’t have any good internet connexion, but I’m sure you can ask a mod to give you ressources from the House of Chests !

[quote=“Cecil_Harvey_358”]

This is the kind of design that I’m talking about; it’s mostly a standard, colonial-era ship, but with wings and propellers.
In my opinion, at least, it’s not too futuristic… and besides, the server name is “arcane,” a word meaning “obscure” and often related to magic. Given that, I don’t think this design would be too out of place… but that’s for the Mods to decide.[/quote]

10/10 if you pull it off

I’ve actually made a few and they are scattered around White Haven. I think elongated balloons work far better than sails do because sails look too similar to an ocean ship that’s just in the sky. I can provide advice if needed.