SirMangler (Catty610) "Topic on a situation I find slightly sticky"

I want to share some of the concerns with the admins about my case…
It has been three days since I have been muted, and some things have been bothering me.

First of all, it isn’t at all in my rights to say anything about the so called “victims”, but I try to say this in respect, but I feel as though I can’t talk to them without them jumping to conclusions that I’m trying to be some what mean to them.

I have asked a few times where I was wrong in apologising, and all I have gotten back is that I apparently insulted someone, and when I ask where I have said it, or I mention that there might of been a miss-understanding, I don’t seem to get any answers.

The other thing, is that the mute is incredible limited when it comes to trying to contact a member of staff, because the only way I can talk to someone, is if they message me first (and reply with /r). I wanted to ask simply for some advise on my case, because I still do not know fully where I went wrong and the topic has been locked. (Although I decided to post this on the forums instead of messaging an admin them via forum)

I of course don’t fully-understand the rules system in this server, so I can only assume from prior experience on other servers. I just figured three days for a mute case like this to request some feedback would be reasonable.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but this seems like a fitting board.

Thanks for your time, SirMangler (Catty610).

You had previously called another player a vulgar name and were warned for it. You called this player the name again, the next day. All of this while in the midst of being repeatedly asked to stop arguing with another player in main chat.

Can I ask what the vulgar name was and when it was said? And when I was told to stop, I figured I should apologise for anything being taken the wrong way, I am confused to why I was muted after apologising.

If I remember correctly, since I think I was present, you basically apologized by saying:

“Hey (insert victim name here), I called you a (bad word). But don’t take that bad when I call you a (bad word) !”

So I think your apology was probably very badly written…

[quote=“DClem”]If I remember correctly, since I think I was present, you basically apologized by saying:

“Hey (insert victim name here), I called you a (bad word). But don’t take that bad when I call you a (bad word) !”

So I think your apology was probably very badly written…[/quote]

“Blockhead, I am not sure if you understood”
“But that time I called you a “twat”, I didn’t mean it in a mean way”
“I was teasing you slightly for almost ripping me off”
“I hope that you didn’t take that in the wrong way”.

I made a post about it on the appeal, I wasn’t aware that it could be taken in such a way, when people tease, 90% of the time they don’t mean it as an insult, or for it to be taken personally. But as I said, I did rush it because I wasn’t meant to talk to them anymore.

I do hope that you can see it from my perspective. Because, someone took something I said the wrong way, so I decided to apologise assuming that would be the better thing to do, and then I was muted directly after. I didn’t realise at the time that the way I worded it could be taken offence for.

I guess the best thing to do then, is to never apologise to someone again in the case that I think I might of insulted them unintentionally.

Edit: " But don’t take that bad when I call you a (bad word) !". That part can be argued for, because it appears it was taken out of context. I asked for an item with an enchantment which wouldn’t do anything, because I said the wrong name, the chance of them knowing that is high, I admitted on that day that I almost made a stupid mistake, and I found it humorous how I almost fell for that. I can’t remember the exact sentence, but it was on the lines of "I like you for what you did, but your still a twat :stuck_out_tongue: ".