Screenshot of the Week Contest

I propose that we have a screenshot of the week contest that’s hosted here on the forums. It would be a fun way to show off builds, texture packs, etc.

The contest would be broken up into two parts:

1. [color=#4040FF]Screenshot of the Week Submissions[/color]
    This thread would be solely for submitted your screenshot. Not for voting.

2.[color=#40FF00]Screenshot of the Week Voting[/color]
Here people would vote for their favorite screenshot. We could either do it by a 3rd party voting website or simply type out ‘I vote for x’ replies.

I don’t know if there would be any prizes for winning unless people would want to donate items for the winner to receive.

Also, I’d like to host and run the competition. :stuck_out_tongue:

great idea, im just afraid the people with powerful machines that are able to run shaders are going to win week in and week out!

I understand your concern. I don’t have a solution to this possible issue but maybe I can think of something.

Different categories? One for vanilla, texture packs, shaders, and shaders + texture pack.

Nice. I’m definitely up for ways to highlight cool builds and events on the server. Maybe we should add a whole ‘screenshots / showcase’ forum and hold the weekly (or maybe biweekly) contest inside there. A showcase forum could be a lot of fun. All members would be encouraged to share screenshots or whole imgur galleries of their builds on the arcane server. I’d enjoy that.

Different categories? One for vanilla, texture packs, shaders, and shaders + texture pack.[/quote]

Too many subcategories would create really small contests. For example, if there are 3 groups (A,B,C) and only 3 entries per group, that wouldn’t be much of a contest.

The contests could have varying specifications to match, that way everyone would have to follow a certain guideline. The specifications could change every contest.

Ok. Like certain criteria or themes? If that’s what you mean, then I think we’ve pretty much got it outlined. Now we just need a stamp of approval from Agent or juggles. :smiley:

weekly theme & criteria sounds great.

Ok. Like certain criteria or themes? If that’s what you mean, then I think we’ve pretty much got it outlined. Now we just need a stamp of approval from Agent or juggles. :smiley:[/quote]

Yes, exactly! :slight_smile:

This sounds fun. You do know there’s a “screenshot scavenger hunt” thread in Discussion though, right? :smiley:

Anyway, I don’t see why this would need admin approval at all- just start a thread in Discussion, update the OP with links to the contestants of the week, and use Straw Poll or forum posts for your voting.