[REJECTED] Player Heads

I know this server is highly vanilla, and I love it, but a cool harmless mod that I’ve enjoyed in the past is the chance for player heads to drop when someone dies (much like the wither skulls). These are not only really awesome decoration blocks for someone’s house, but they are also good trophies when someone wins a PvP bout. They’re also useful to put at the entrances of your home as a way to show people it belongs to you rather than have a sign. Furthermore, if you have a town of multiple people, it’s a cool way to set up a “citizen wall” with the heads so people know who lives here.

As i said, I know Arcane prides itself in being a largely vanilla server, but this is such a small and harmless mod (with really cool benefits) that I think it would be a great addition.

I feel that it should be up to player that dropped the head whether the killer gets it or not.

I feel that when one dies he loses the freedom to choose.

Also, I love this idea.

I don’t like it, it’s really not vanilla… And really, I don’t think we need it.

Plus this idea has been proposed a few months ago, and got rejected, if I remember correctly.

Why don’t you like it? it has little to no impact on gameplay, and player heads are available on creative so it’s pretty vanilla

Command blocks are available in creative, yet we don’t spawn them…

I think player head are just not useful, I don’t see the point in having them. Signs can give the population of the city, and I don’t think “winning” the head of someone you pvped with is vanilla.

I won’t be upset if they’re implemented, but I don’t think it’s necessary :slight_smile:

Just because it has ‘no impact on gameplay’ doesn’t make it any less non-vanilla. We don’t want a bunch of unnecessary mods. We shouldn’t add stuff just because it would be cool and wouldn’t affect gameplay.

That is what makes our server so much better than others that claim to be vanilla. We don’t overload on a bunch of unnecessary plugins just for the ‘cool’ factor.

I only mentioned the creative part to say that player heads are still vanilla because they are part of the game, it’s not something as far fetched as flying, towny, etc. The term useful depends on what you plan on using them for. I just listed some of the ways they can be used, which are obviously all for aesthetic purposes which is why i like the mod and wont affect gameplay. They are cool decoration blocks for both the house and builds at large.

[quote=“bbycake”]Just because it has ‘no impact on gameplay’ doesn’t make it any less non-vanilla. We don’t want a bunch of unnecessary mods. We shouldn’t add stuff just because it would be cool and wouldn’t affect gameplay.

That is what makes our server so much better than others that claim to be vanilla. We don’t overload on a bunch of unnecessary plugins just for the ‘cool’ factor.[/quote]

We have plenty of non-vanilla mods that significantly affect our game, such as explosion protection, TP, chest protection, etc, yet we all gladly welcome those.

Honestly, I don’t get the resistance on this, it’s such a minor mod compared to others, and again in my mind it is pretty vanilla since player heads are available on creative. I’m not asking for an overhaul of the server, this is a suggestion thread and I think Player Head is a really nice and subtle addition to any server, including vanilla ones.

Also dwarf heads look pretty nice in my trophy cabinet

Personally, I think it wouldn’t be a bad thing to have them added, in some way.

I really like the idea of them being rewards for PvP brawls. Maybe only in “sanctioned” competition brawls, though it would be kinda neat to be able to put out a “hit” on a particular player and have proof of a kill via the skull.

I reject this idea because of stuffs and reasons.

I reject this idea because of stuffs and reasons.[/quote]

Going to reject this one. I’d rather not take away from the vanilla feel of the server any more, especially for something so minor like player heads.