New Shop System Proposal

Hey guys, I just had a crazy idea just now about shops at spawn. So obviously we are going to have a spawn renewal day this upcoming Sunday, and I wanted to propose a new idea for the innovated spawn. When we tear down abandoned shops, we could use the space to build a spawn mega mall. At the mega mall, players would be able to shop at shops easily without having to run long distances and try to find shops. Players could also buy lots or rent lots at the mega mall and build shops inside the lots. There could also be multiple sections or floors. Like the food shops could be on the first floor, and the building shops can be on the second or something like that. I feel like this idea will make space at spawn more available for other builds other than abandoned shops. Please give me feedback about this idea by commenting on this post. For the mods, if you guys like the idea tell me because I want to be a main person on this project.

Not the Troll Market
The only issue I see is that I really don’t know where we’d place it if we’d build it aboveground. There just doesn’t seem to be enough consecutive space for it.

One idea of where we could do it was to use the ravine south of spawn and perhaps dig it out further to the bottomn and connect it with other ravines (I’ve found a really big one further south). Tell me what you guys think about it!

Kara thats actually a good idea, we should discuss once spawn renewal is completed!

Wasn’t the general consensus in the previous thread about shops that no one uses them? Dedicating a huge amount of space to something that fulfills no functional or aesthetic purpose when we’re trying to make a useful and coherent spawn is a weird idea.

The interesting free-for-all mini-build aspect of it could be better served with periodical building contests.

The Ravine is unused, and rather than have the troll market which barely anyone goes to, we can put it in the ravine which would not only look cool but take up little space

I think it would be cool if we carved into the ravine walls like this. http://i.imgur.com/b1fuyub.png

Here’s image of what it might look like with shops. http://i.imgur.com/hF3m2KA.png

Note: In the second image the shops are 4 blocks wide not 8.

Let’s clear out the Ravine and try to put shops in it :slight_smile:
It’s unused anyway !

kara…you bugger you heard me talking about this idea in mumble and presented as your own…lol! I have been wanting to do this kind of project from the first day I was on the server, and saw the ravine that could be so cool…I am so glad we have got this project going.