MOD's

I think you all know I am a night owl player, so I see a lot of trollers. So I noticed a pretty big trend…during the day plenty of mods, but at night rarely any, only bb and simon are active at night but even they are east coast, so any one on the west coast has to hang out with trolls for a long time. Might I suggest adding a mod from the west coast or at least an active night player…and I am not volunteering…as you all know I do not have the patience for trolls. so just my thoughts on how to make the server overall

thanks for listening

This is something I can get behind. It’s nice having a mod on throughout the day.

TL;DR: /second

I would like to add something here Agent…please tell me you have noticed this trend…someone wanted to be a mod or something, so they play non-stop till you agree they would be helpful to the community…then not very long after they get the power granted by you, they suddenly have a life that gets in the way of minecraft time. I understand sometimes life happens, but if people are going to apply for mod powers and make the commitment then they should have to maintain their play time, or loose the powers…I also know it is a thankless job…but the powers that come with it are essentially payment for the time mod duties take from play time. If a mod, is not online cause girlfriends suddenly want more time with them, then they should step down or be reverted back to basic community members. It seems some mods only apply to help themselves when they play…Agent if you want specifics on this I would be happy to private message you names and dates and info…then there are wonderful mods like BbyCake who spends so much time policing new people…helping new people, answering questions, working to make sure Arcane stays great…just duplicate BB a few times and the server would be perfect…LOL!

That’s a great idea! Quick! Someone invent a human duplication machine!

Well, Champatriot and Tytus300 lost their powers until they can catch up with server stuff…

I see moderators as users trusted enough to have such power on and represent our server. While I agree with most of your content, I disagree with “maintain their play time.” Being a moderator is giving and taking: You get cool power to rollback things while you serve the server to check/investigate things. I don’t want to see getting a mod title as a payment or job since mods play to help people when they are in need of moderator’s help. Instead, I see “Mod” as someone you can trust.

Here’s my story in quotes. You can skip this wall of text to get to the point.[quote]I played on Arcane almost all day during the summer times. I really saw the server as public Mindcrack server, where people trust one another and play together while being open to public. That’s why I stuck around for so much time.

Few weeks into the server, I started to spot griefing problems, especially under the spawn’s Street Lamps. It happened a few times while greylist didn’t exist. Not only was the Street Lamp redstone wiring was being broken (twice or more), some areas experienced griefing and no mod was around to fix it. So I applied to be a moderator.

Months later, I became a moderator. I was a happy moderator willing to help out everyone. However, family problem occurred. Basically, I was no longer allowed to play Minecraft. [size=85]At least around my brother…[/size] So I said I’ll try to continue to be around the server. I’m actually trying my best to be active.[/quote]
What I’m saying is I don’t think just playtime should be considered in keeping a mod. Of course, anyone can have life issues that suddenly stops or limits people from playing on the server. That’s the situation I stumbled in.

I’m sure some of the inactive mods aren’t playing at the moment to focus on their life stuff, such as school work. Well, it’s true that life comes before games.

[size=85]Trust me: Agent is very picky (as any manager should be) in choosing a moderator. I know he considers more factor than playtime or involvement in community. I just know it.[/size]

We could use a Mod or two more, though. She’s not wrong there.

Simon…you are right playtime should not be only factor, but it should be a one of a few factors…and I was not thinking your playtime was lacking in any way, because you are on late nights when I play anyways…LOL. But it ultimately should be one of a few factors…When applying to a be a moderator you make a commitment to the server to help…and you have to be available to play, to help people and the server…you see what I mean they go hand in hand. and I dont mean there can not be one off life issues…but if someone’s life is so changed that they cant play anymore…then I think they should step down, so agent knows a replacement is needed. He looks at the list and see it pretty filled in and does not always realize how under moderated the server is with all the those names on the list, it should have good coverage. But that is the problem…without the few like BB and yourself that do play to help…there would be no mods on at all lately. So I just was stating the current trend seen n the server, so hopefully it could be addressed…

[quote=“USMC_Blockhead”]I would like to add something here Agent…please tell me you have noticed this trend…someone wanted to be a mod or something, so they play non-stop till you agree they would be helpful to the community…then not very long after they get the power granted by you, they suddenly have a life that gets in the way of minecraft time. I understand sometimes life happens, but if people are going to apply for mod powers and make the commitment then they should have to maintain their play time, or loose the powers

I also know it is a thankless job…but the powers that come with it are essentially payment for the time mod duties take from play time. If a mod, is not online cause life changes demand more time away, then they should step down or be reverted back to basic community members. It seems some mods only apply to help themselves when they play…Agent if you want specifics on this I would be happy to private message you names and dates and info…then there are wonderful mods like BbyCake who spends so much time policing new people…helping new people, answering questions, working to make sure Arcane stays great…just duplicate BB a few times and the server would be perfect…LOL![/quote]

I can’t help but feel like I’m being attacked here, so I’d like to go on record as saying I don’t actually have a girlfriend :wink:

For serious though (and this is probably going to sound whiny or something- it’s just how I feel) I really only play Minecraft anymore on Arcane. I do try to manage my week, but sometimes I just don’t have time for Minecraft. I’ve had fun here, but seeing as I’m going to be even busier next year (Winter quarter at my college, it’s going to be a wild ride)… well, I guess I wouldn’t mind one less obligation. I knew what I was getting into when I accepted the mantle, but if I’m not helping out enough then I’m not holding it up am I?

If I am not (among) the target(s) of this thread, well, carry on. I’m just paranoid or something. It’s late here.

PS- “…a thankless job…”? Seeing the server stay friendly and relatively grief-free seems pretty rewarding already…

There just isn’t any benefit to demoting inactive mods, unless they’re as inactive as tytus or champ. It wouldn’t make sense to demote somebody who only gets on every few days, because then we’d lose the little coverage that they provide. Also, it seems harsh to demote somebody because they’re busy with work or school.

I’ll have Khuzdbuzd find a new mod or two and that should help the problem.

You wern’t super active when we modded you, and we knew that so if anything it’s on me for modding you. You’ve also done a ton of stuff for us so far, so it would be rather dumb to ask you to step down.