[Moderator] ChickenMonkey Application

Why you want to be a moderator: 06:24:53 September 20th, 2015. I stepped into a world, filled with possibilities.

In my earliest of days.. one person was incredibly kind to me and helped me feel welcome and at home. That person was, SimonOrj. He took the time, to show me around and help me get my feet wet. I wouldn't have stayed had it not been for his willingness, to help guide me around Arcane. I've since done my best to emulate that kindness. As you know, Arcane can invoke a sense of wonder and excitement in people. Or, it can cause an intense overwhelmed feeling of confusion and apprehension. Knowing this has been a constant reminder to me of how I felt when I first joined the server... and how much I appreciated Simons help. 

I am applying for Moderator to be better able to assist new players in finding a home and to feel welcome on our server. I have always taken the time to show people public farms on server and gift them with the basic needs to establish a base. I stay up to date on claims and public farms throughout Old/New. I keep the food chest at spawn filled and all farms I build are public. I do these things to increase retention on the server. Which at times, has been very lackluster. Thankfully, SimonOrj & Melium have recently reinvigorated, all our passions for Arcane.. and as a result, we've seen some great numbers recently. My constant goal is to keep new players playing and donating. Us being funded by the kindness of our players only works as long as we have active players... and as our numbers continue to increase, so does our demands for ACTIVE Moderators. I can name several Mods, that haven't been seen in quit some time. For the sake of decency, their names shall go unmentioned. I'm in no way trying to slander them. I'm just ready and willing to help with the work load, in their absence. 

Relevant experience: I’ve spent my entire life in Management. I believe I have a good understanding of people in general and can help moderate chat. I’m a social media guru and can help with the servers Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Youtube, if desired. I spend gross amounts of time watching Youtube videos about minecraft to help build better public farms… AND I have slain 109,638 enderman. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Location/Timezone:

CST- I am a Bartender/Business Owner and have a very late schedule. I’m generally on, when our players in the Oceania region are on. I usually log on about, 11:00 PM CST and will play for 4-6 hours. It’s currently 5:47 AM CST. Just to put my Schedule in perspective.
Skype name: My Skype name Includes my personal information and I’m willing to share it with Admin. Please PM me for my skype name. Otherwise, I can now be found anytime on Discord.

Anything you would like to add: I love Arcane and hope to continue to fuel kindness and server cooperation. I would be honored, to be considered worthy of the position of Moderator.

i think the poultryape would make a great addition to the moderation staff, and definitely fill in the late night/early morning gaps when there are no mods or admins on, hes always been impartial and helpful to all, harbors no grudges, and is an all around good guy

Thank you brother. That means a lot.

he also understands my pain about busted ironfarm mechanics

I too, agree that this GorrillaTurkey is an upstanding guy. Seems like he’d make a good mod

Altercations rarely happen on Arcane. The only thing I’ve seen lacking is staff activity pertaining to greylist applications.
Of course, these observations were forumulated recently due to my increase in activity.

What I say doesn’t attack Chicken’s character; I want him to know that I’m extremely grateful for what he’s done for me and for the server. He’d be beneficial for sure and for that he gets my vote, however I think that if staff were more active he’d be superfluous. So, this application only holds on with the assumption that the staff Chicken mentioned won’t be coming back.

If Chicken is to be promoted, I think a demotion of an inactive staff would be wise.

[quote=“DrDescartes”]…however I think that if staff were more active he’d be superfluous. So, this application only holds on with the assumption that the staff Chicken mentioned won’t be coming back.

If Chicken is to be promoted, I think a demotion of an inactive staff would be wise.[/quote]

Here’s a good a place as any…
Something the staff hasn’t really publicly announced, or at least, we haven’t really talked about, is that a fair number of the staff we once had have already been demoted due to inactivity. Around the time of the Promotion of Mel and Simon, a buncha people that hadn’t played in ages were taken off the Modlist. So we are looking at at least another person, and it is being talked about a lot amongst the other staff. (…We just don’t make decisions quite as hastily anymore :stuck_out_tongue: )

Really? Who got demoted?

Jk it was me =)

Accepted! Congrats!