[Mob Farm Update] Ender Ender Design Flaw

Hey guys, Simon here.

As some people know, when you drop an item at a certain point in the End, it gets sucked down by the hoppers below and gets lost forever. When building the storage system, I wasn’t aware of this design flaw. I only realized the problem recently and tried to find a way to fix it.

However, patching this problem wasn’t a easy job. So I did what I do the best: Redstone.

I made a small item sorting contraption. As usual, ender pearls will get dumped out into the void. However, when an item sans ender pearl gets into the dumping system, it will get stored inside the first two chests downstairs instead of getting thrown out into the void.

If you want to understand the contraption, these are the steps:[ol][li]Item gets thrown into the ender pearl dump system.[/li][li]If there is room to store the item in the chest farthest from the storage entrance, it will get stored there.[/li][li]If the item reaches the two chests closest to the storage entrance, it will pass through a test:[ul][]If the item is an ender pearl, it will get passed down all the way and get dumped into the void.[/li][li]Else, if the item is not an ender pearl, it will get stored inside the two net chests.[/li][/ul][/:m][/ol]

I am the one who made the flawed contraption, so I’m sorry for all the items lost in the End. Now, you can be assured that the lost item will not get dumped into the void, but stored in the first two chests downstairs.

If anyone’s mad at me, tell me and I’ll try to find a way to make up for the lost item. I’m so sorry for the overlooked flaw.

Best of luck,
~Simon