Minecraft 1.9, Hardware upgrade & Server downtime

Hey everyone, I thought I’d share the admin gameplan for the next few weeks.

We have a lot to do in the next week or so. We’re upgrading the server hardware, we’re planning a Mumble event to talk about a map reset, and we’re upgrading to Minecraft 1.9!

Mumble event this Friday: Map reset discussion & poll

I want to get everyone together so we can discuss the very controversial topic of resetting the world map. Don’t worry though, we will be running a poll afterwards - we won’t do anything unless the majority is ok with it! We’ll be figuring out a lot of the specific details. For example: Should we keep the old map alive using the Multiverse plugin? If so, should you be able to chat between the worlds, or should the chat be kept separate? The event will start at 8:00PM EST this Friday. Make sure you’re there so you can have your say!

The poll will run for a few days (and will be extended if it’s a close call).

(If you don’t have Mumble you can download it here. Our address is arcanemc.mumble.com and the port is 9007.)

Hardware upgrade: More RAM + New host

Melium and jugglingman are going to be moving us over to a new server host! The new hardware is going to be a massive improvement, so you can expect a lot less lag. Arcane will be down for at least a few hours this Saturday, March 5th, while we move things over.

Minecraft 1.9

If you haven’t checked out the new changes coming with 1.9, here’s a good video! Spigot just recently released 1.9, so we’ll be upgrading as soon as possible. We’re planning on having Minecraft 1.9 running within a week after moving to our new host (so by Saturday, March 12). This will depend, of course, on how long before the map reset poll is done.

[size=150]Important dates[/size]

We should have this stuff all done by the following dates, or very soon after. If we run into any delays, we will update you right here.

Friday, March 4th @ 8:00PM EST

Mumble event: Talking about the map reset & polling it!

Saturday, March 5th @ TBD

Server downtime for hardware upgrade

March 6th - March 12th

Upgrade to 1.9

[size=85]Bonus picture of 1.9 Agentred :sunglasses: [/size]