Message from the active community to the Staff

Not having teleports would be awesome, but I feel like the cons outweigh the pros. Sure it’d mean exploring would be more exciting and you’d have to rely on transportation more, but I think the fun of that would eventually wear off and you’d just get sick of walking for 20 minutes.

Plus, a lot of people have donated for extra homes so I don’t think we’ll be getting rid of them.

I agree… not having home and spawn would make massive builds super time consuming. I myself have seen way more of Arcane than your average bear 2 the people that will adventure will gear up and head out anyway… There’ss also the issue of dying more often and not being able to save oneself. Even with max Iron Armor your looking at hours of time farming endermen. I like y’alls altruism but nah.

So how did the Mumble meeting go!? No forum post about it?! Killing me smalls…

The outcome was that the multiverse option was chosen over just expanding the current world; with 10 votes for multiverse to 0 for expand.

To summarize what was decided in the meeting yesterday:

[ol]

[li]Yes, everyone who voted decided a Multiverse would be best. This would allow members to go between Old Arcane and New Arcane. The exception is that in the new world none of the items in your inventory will be brought over. Meaning that everyone starts out without any gear.
[/li]
[li]As for the seed, the people in charge may or may not preview the seed to us to see if that is okay
[/li]
[li]New server has been postponed. Yesterday, people were allowed on to the test server to preview the new server, but there were many issues with lag after 5 minutes of being on the server. Last I heard, the admins were postponing the update until they could figure out what was wrong.
[/li]
[li]Dynmap has not yet been updated to 1.9 so we may be without that for a bit until the developer updates that
[/li]
[li]Chat will appear from people in both worlds. This means that you can talk to people in old Arcane while you’re in New Arcane and vice versa
[/li]
[li]Both Old Arcane and New Arcane will be updated to 1.9. This will mean that farms will break due to item elevators being fixed and I’m sure there are more changes in 1.9 that will break farms. Just FYI.
[/li][/ol]

That’s all I can really remember from yesterday. Feel free to add anything I missed.

Thanks for summarizing Scozzar. And stay tuned for an update on the new server, it might happen sooner than we were thinking yesterday.

Thank you guys. Wish I could have been in the meeting… I worked all day. I’m very glad that the Multiverse won. I’m thrilled to hear that OGarcane is getting 1.9 updates too. A server reset/remaining 1.8.6 would have made me very sad.

To summarize what was decided in the meeting yesterday:

That’s all I can really remember from yesterday. Feel free to add anything I missed.[/quote]

I’d like to note that I did record the entirety of the chat, however, I kinda F—'d up and recorded in Multichannel Mode, so it’s not one handy-dandy 38minute sound file, but 10. And some of the files only start when the person first started talking so I’m going to try and piece it all together.

No promises if I can get it put together right, sorry.
If not, I’ll at least release the files in a zip.

Why did you record it? What a…creeper…

I’ll see myself out.