May 19th - Arcane's anniversary! A look back at year one

[size=150]In-game, type /one for a special anniversary suprise![/size]

Toots Kazoo Happy Birthday Arcane!

As some of you may be aware, Arcane Survival started out one year ago today!

In celebration, here’s some server fun facts!

[size=150]Arcane’s first year: The numbers[/size]

Over the year we’ve been a server, we’ve welcomed over 3,670 players. That’s about 10 new players each day!

The first player to join Arcane (after Agentred and jugglingman) was Hunterbu666 on May 19, 2014 at 1:59pm EDT. He played for about a day, his last seen time being May 20, 2014 at 7:31pm EDT. He built a very bad house, which was eventually torn down months later in one of our spawn renovations. His account was eventually banned. His crime: Griefing.

We currently have 10 Game Mods, 4 Chat Mods, and 3 admins.

The first Moderator was sryguise, who joined the server for the first time on May 19th, the first day. sryguise went on to build one of the first detailed houses on Arcane. As a result of this, he was allowed the honor of building the spawn building.

Image: Spawn being built…
Image: Spawn as it originally looked (low-res)

[size=150]Chat[/size]

Over the past year, you guys have sent a total of 941,000 chat messages.

DClem took first place with 52,078 chat messages.

Bbycake came in second place with 43,187 chat messages.

Not too far behind was Jacofalltrades with 36,180.

Karasaar ended up as fourth loudest with 23,642 messages.

SimonOrJ took fifth with 19,836 chat messages.

[size=150]Deaths[/size]

Zombies killed us 6,798 times.
Skeletons killed us 1,940 times.
We’ve died to fall damage 6,777 times.

[size=150]Forums[/size]

We’ve made 3708 posts in 577 topics, by 512 members.

[size=150]Miscellaneous[/size]

We’ve created 22,773 chest protections.

We’ve banned about 928 players.

The first donor was xEgoC.

It has been a pleasure running the server and seeing the community grow over the past year. jugglingman and I would like to thank each and every person who’s helped to make Arcane what it is today. We’d like to thank the donors, the server veterans, and really everyone who has stuck with us! Thanks for making Arcane a great community!

Here’s to another great year!

We? I think you mean Dragon_DLV :laughing: I still remember your suicides one after the other…after the other…after the other.

On a serious note: It’s really strange seeing spawn being built. So much has changed…

hahaha

Happy Anniversary Arcane !

And also: Who really doubted that I was the number 1 chat message poster? And the 3rd forum poster?

Agent, do you have any screenshots of the spawn before it was built? Maybe you could open the seed in singleplayer and take some screenshots? I would love to see how it evolved !

[quote=“DClem”]Happy Anniversary Arcane !

And also: Who really doubted that I was the number 1 chat message poster? And the 3rd forum poster?

Agent, do you have any screenshots of the spawn before it was built? Maybe you could open the seed in singleplayer and take some screenshots? I would love to see how it evolved ![/quote]

I might actually take a few before and after pictures of spawn later today.

It’s amazing to see how much spawn grew between the start, and when I joined! It’s even more amazing how it has grown exponentially since then! What an awesome community!

That picture of spawn is crazy hahaha

Let’s not forget Arcane’s sexiest first community. Pondside…