Making Land Claims

Apparently DrDescartes has established the precedent of these types of posts going in this forum, so dammit I’m gonna follow him.

I just want to start out by saying that I’m a greedy son of a bitch who loves to build more than anything, and that that’s a reeeally bad combination.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to make a claim on this general area near x1700, z500:

Obviously I have a very specific general idea of what I intend to build here, which is a sort of tropical city you might have found in the Bahamas or Latin America or something during the colonial era. This image serves as my main inspiration, though I will also be drawing from five years of Minecraft building experience and several other general ideas of how such a city could look. Here’s the issue, though: I most likely won’t be getting around to this project for a while yet, but I think it’s such a perfect spot for this build that to allow anyone else to claim it first would have killed me a little inside.

I’ve already checked the area, and there are no claims on the land, nor are there any manmade structures beyond those I’ve made myself. I also placed a stone tower on the southeastern tip of the main island and marked it with my name.

In summary: I’m claiming this land so nobody else can build on it, just so that at some point in the future I might potentially start to put a city there, then abandon it and never finish so I can move on to other projects. :3

Thank you for your consideration, and don’t even think of building on my damn land.