LWC and locking

Should LWC autolock chests?

• Yes, it should.
  • Yes, and it should also lock some more stuff.
  • No, players can lock them themselves.

0 voters

Hey all,

We use LWC for chest, sign, and door protection.

Some people wants the protection to not apply by default (upon block placement). However, it’s quite important for those who doesn’t know much about LWC. There can be players who likes to take stuff out from the chests.

What are your opinions on chest auto-locking upon placement?

First off, I’ll say that I voted the “Yes, and it should also lock some more stuff.” option.
For one I think, if it’s possible, that we should be able to lock item frames. If not from rotation, at least from taking. Dunno if that’s doable.

Anyways, I think perhaps we should change it so instead of Private, it defaults to Donation. If not that, Public.
That way it registers the chest to the player that places it.

It looks like majority of you want the chest to automatically lock. However, some of you voted for automatically locking some more stuff upon placement. Chests aside, what else do you want it to automatically lock upon placement? (This does not mean other items will not be lockable; it will mean they can be locked, but will not be automatically locked upon placement.)

can we make it lock buttons and switches too?

Buttons, levers, repeaters, comparators, (are hopppers lockable yet?), item frames, paintings.