"Lilliput" town : Building suggestions / ideas please

Started working on a town, my project for the server. Named it “Lilliput” after the island in Gulliver’s travels for no other reason that I like the way it sounds.

I’m kind of stuck for ideas on what things I should build in the town. I have the main focal point built, the giant arch in the screenshots below. I’ve added a few other pillars and large boulders, as well as a windmill and a large custom tree. I’d like the buildings to be built around this arch - though I’m not sure what I should build.

So far on my to build list I have (1) Town Hall (2) Various houses for villagers. Any more suggestions? I’d like some kind of functionality implied (i.e - Windmill/ Town Hall), but I’m open to pretty much anything.

I’m sticking to a rustic, simplistic village, kind of theme.

http://imgur.com/a/lvKee#0

Maybe like a mine/quarry? Also,your building style is absolutely magnificent! Maybe come and join me after you finish this project :smiley:

this looks great! After seeing the main build, I’m guessing you are going for a small town look, almost like a medieval hamlet.

So i would do some houses with gardens, lots of paths with low stone walls, maybe a “main square” thats small and has a small fountain or just a circle stone yard. A chapel, a small town hall, an Inn + stables for visitors, and then surround the whole place with large wheat farms to give it the final touch.

You can use the stone arch as a natural gate to your town, with the road leading in passing through it.

Just some brainstorming, keep us updated!

PS: We have a sub-forum just for this viewforum.php?f=16

:slight_smile:

Woops, I should’ve posted in the other sub-forum. Sorry.

Thanks for the ideas, thats exactly the kind of town I’m trying to build. I’ll add them to my list. I plan on using the stone arch as the centre of the town, the main focal point. I wanted to try use something different for the entrance to the town - maybe have visitors go through a market place or long winding dirt road surrounded by wheat fields.

Well
Main Square + Market place + Shops
Blacksmith / Forge
Mine / Quarry
Town Hall / Chapel
Inn
Barn / Stables
Houses
Town Gate / Entrance