Issues with the Dynamap Updating

Long story short, I don’t think it’s updating a lot of chunks at all.

I’m living at roughly -6400 and -2800 for quite some time, and have been logging on regularly. However, chunks that did not load into the dynamap the first time I discovered the area are still not loading, but I can watch the updates to the existing spots happen almost in real time. It’s just wonky. Should you want to see the area and exactly what I mean, find it on the dynamap. Use the elevation map to help. Since I’m high up in a Savannah Plateau M it’s a very bright yellow green. You’ll see the patching I’m talking about.

Is there anyway to reload the map, administrative side so that map will begin functioning again?

I just reloaded it. Let us know if this fixed the issues.

As far as I can tell, it fixed some of the patches, but there is a number of areas that I know I’ve walked through that haven’t added themselves to the dynmap.

It’s REALLY apparent in the Iso-view. An Example, in which it looks like it updated any area that had something Added, be it portal, sapling, or banner… but it’d very, VERY, patchy.

I actually did some testing on this and noticed that breaking or placing a block at a time when few others are online will render the chunk in both topdown and isometric. When there are a bunch of people on, this seems to be unreliable (no idea why). It is strange that the dynmap doesn’t render chunks that are merely loaded, but not built upon.