[Harbor] Planning stage

Hello guys!

So based on your ideas, you’ve wanted a place to build richer builds. I have given it thought, and I think it’s a good idea for two reasons:
-It gives an opportunity for more builds, different kind of builds.
-It would be nice to see something of a mix between Saint Marc’s place and the banks of the Seine in Paris…

As such, the “industrial” part has been downsized to make place for a “wealthy” area and a “harbor administration/merchant guild” build. The Harbor Administration could be used for attribution of ship-building permits.

Things to note:

-I’m bad at drawing.

-This plan has been thought out to cause minimal destruction and be effective, not too long or complicated.

-The dock, piers and buildings, with the exception of the shipyards obviously, will have to be 2 blocks above the water level.

-Piers have to be spaced out enough to have 2 ships between each pier (so approx. 30 blocks I would say)

-To save xEgoC’s island house, the building will be repurposed as a secondary lighthouse and the island shrunk to match the building.

-To save Jugg’s and RobJon’s houses, they will be repurposed as harbor pubs and be the central piece of the “house” district of the harbor. The other houses, being too low, will have to be removed.

-The Canal to the ocean will come after.

To make everything clear, the building is going to be divided into plots and tasks, so that everyone can build whenever they are on.

During a sunday, the plan will be to:

-Fill the water and create the new coastline
-Create the dock, piers and new roads, some of which are going to be 3 blocks above the sea-level.
-Get rid of the indicated buildings

I will then, and only then, mark out plots.

The new plots:

1 harbor-feature builder (cranes, benches, lights, etc…)
1 Harbor administration/Merchant build building (in my opinion, a square+a building, inspired by Saint Marc’s place?)
2 shipyards (I know I’m doing at least one)
3 warehouses,
1 south lighthouse (I think Rhalyon wanted to do that),
2 houses to be repurposed as pubs,
1 house (xEgoC’s) to be repurposed as a lighthouse,
3 houses/shop/artisan shop in the “wealthy” district. I think an architecture such as in the Netherlands maybe (vertical rather than horizontal since we don’t have much space) would be better suited ?
4 new house/pub/shop plots, to be given in compensation to those who lost their house (Tacoinice for example), as well as for people with good ideas and proven building skills,
6-8 ship spaces, depending on the number of piers we actually build, to be given at the end only.

This looks really awesome! Can’t wait to see it completed!

Ok, everybody seems cool with the new plan, so we’ll start on next sunday. Get your google calendars out:

Sunday 11 at:
-7AM AEDT (aka South-East Australia)
-Noon PST (West Coast USA)
-3PM EST (East Coast USA)
-8PM GMT (International Time)
-9PM CET (Europe)

During this Sunday, we will:

-Destroy Smith’s Tower and store everything in separate chests (I think he wanted to keep the materials, if I remember correctly… I’ll let the mods decide on this one)
-Get rid of indicated buildings
-Fill the water and create the new coastline
-Create the dock, piers and new roads, some of which are going to be 3 blocks above the sea-level.

We will function together, on Mumble :slight_smile:

Thanks to the mods for clearing this topic out :slight_smile:
Thanks to everyone who helped me with ideas and input!

Update and edit, everything is now cleaned up :slight_smile:

I wish I could join you guys. I look forward to seeing it finished when I get back.

Wish I could participate too! More hands make lighter work.
Also, it will not be Sunday in Australia, we are a day in front by that time.
Monday 7AM - Melbourne / Sydney / Tasmania
6AM - Brisbane
5:30AM - Adelaide / Darwin
4AM - Perth
Less than ideal times but the members unbanned of Australia will be in force (1)

I’m sure we’ll be pretty occupied for a couple of hours if not more, so you guys will surely be able to join us… Or at least, you’ll be able to have a plot to build something later :slight_smile:

Can i have a small plot to complete within 2 weeks minimum xD

Plots will be discussed after this sunday :slight_smile:

Due to the map extension being on sunday:

WE’RE DOING THE PLAN ON SATURDAY 10
Same time :slight_smile:

(sorry for double posting)

TODAY!

IN SIX HOURS!

Today’s progress:

-Destroy Smith’s Tower and store everything in separate chests (I think he wanted to keep the materials, if I remember correctly… I’ll let the mods decide on this one) [color=#FF0000]DONE[/color]
-Get rid of indicated buildings [color=#FF0000]DONE[/color]
-Fill the water and create the new coastline [color=#FF0000]DONE[/color]
-Create the dock, piers and new roads, some of which are going to be 3 blocks above the sea-level. [color=#0000FF]NOT DONE[/color]

So tomorrow (sunday) if people want to help, we’ll finish the roads, create the spaces for the shipyards, create piers and think about plots. The geography has changed a bit, since we decided to keep the houses on stilts as they were (on stilts), and so it’s not 100% as the plan dictated… But I think it’s for the better!

See you tomorrow for the end of the community work and for the plots :slight_smile:

Shame I couldnt be there (saturday night and all that).

I like the holding wall design, but where are you gonna put the piers with a diagonal wall?

That’s the plan… But we had to push more into the water than I thought, so we’re pretty close to the secondary lighthouse. We’ll see how this work out :slight_smile:

When building yesterday with Balgarion, Encyclo, Oranger and Zums, I prefered seeing with them what is possible, exchanginc ideas and having an organical way to follow the plan :slight_smile:

I’ll be there tomorrow but I don’t like the diagonal pier