Custom colored names per client

I don’t know how easy this would be, but it would be cool. Every person can color other peoples names, and we cant see each-others colors.

So, Agent could color everyone’s names white (Default) and I could make Rhal blue, and Rynku pink, and Agent wouldn’t have to see that.

I think this is a good idea. whats everyone else think?

Don’t you think that there are more important things to do?

There are a lot of things that could be done to improve the server. The hard to read chat could have been fixed a long time ago. I would it rather not continue to be a problem, and be fixed now, then wait another 2-6 months.

-Do not put off for tomorrow, what should have been done yesterday- Someguy

This seems like the kind of thing that should be implemented as a client mod rather than server-side. I’m sure there’s a client-side mod that lets you add colors for friends.

I haven’t been able to find any for 1.7.

The possibility to add colored names on a client side basis would surely be a client side mod. Although changing the color of all player names (with the exception of Admins/Mods) would be a very simple and quick change, only taking a few seconds. Changing the player names to a simple yellow color ([color=#FFBF00]&e[/color]) is something that I used on my server that I ran. It is a simple fix that doesn’t move the feeling away from a full vanilla Minecraft server but makes the chat easily distinguishable.

The best way to get results is to get your voice heard, if you agree that something should be changed with the chat then comment here. You don't have to say anything moving or epic, just say you agree. Or if you have a different idea then post is here too.

Yeah this would make more sense. Customization should really be on the side of the player. Of course then they could remove important stuff that the server wants to stand out, like alerts and what not.

so hmm, that’s a problem. But I am pretty sure it’s posisble because texture packs change font and what not, and hacked clients even have their own stuff in the chat.

This would be nice, we may look into this in the future. It won’t be too high on the priority list though.

Awesome

Just as long as its on the list. Thanks agent.

2 client side mods to look into if anyone is interested.

TabbyChat and Chatlog

minecraftforum.net/forums/ma … t-overhaul

minecraftforum.net/forums/ma … laus-ho-ho

If only the player can see the color names, it would be a client-side modification. Unless I’m mistaken, the server would have no authority over this.