Arcane Showcase 2015: Volunteers Wanted

We have an awesome server, and we should show it off :slight_smile:

I would like to have any players who have a decent machine, to take screenshots of certain builds on the server. We need someone with a good machine because of shaders or even rendering the images.

If you are up to the task, post here plz!

Once we get the images collected, we will make an imgur album and share it on Minecraft boards such as /r/minecraft.

This thread will be to discuss what sites we should showcase. I posted images from another thread ¨Wonders of Arcane¨ to get started.

Eh, I’ve gone back to making Chunky renders again lately, so count me in.

It’s been a while since we did that and I’ve been wanting to update my collection to reflect the changes.

Taking screenshots of nice builds with shaders on is one possibility, but I also love making panoramas, or even both at once.

EDIT: and a question to admins - how about (very temporarily) spectator mode to screenshot-takers for extra awesome views of builds?

Aljady, these are amazing! :smiley:

We could share the Dclem Opera House album first. It`s gorgeous.

We should also suggest to admins about having a page on the site for builds.

A page for builds is a great idea!

Should we decide on a “normalized” format for images in the showcase? Like using the same resourcepack, same final image size, so we have a coherent gallery (for a build page for example)?

I’ve been playing around with the resourcepacks I have for a render of ace’s build and as I dismissed Conquest and John Smith I realized that a strength here on Arcane is that our builds actually look best in default or default-like packs - which is [color=#FF40BF][size=150]super legit[/size][/color].

Yes, please, there is nothing more frustrating than a gallery changing in format and textures all the time !

I vote for either Default or Faithful. Faithful preferred because it’s default, but better.

Conquest is the best texturepack to use but only if everyone uses it. There are quite a few large discrepancies between default and conquest, mainly all of the colors are much greyer than their default counterparts.

hahahahahahaha the floating glass ball arena that Tytus built #memories

I am all about this. I think using something like Faithful is perfect because its close enough to the default look that we’re not excluding people who don’t like certain texture packs. Aljady… your photography skills with those screenshots are amazing.

What if we used this thread as a place where people can post screenshots of builds, or requests to have a build be photo graphed?

Faithful’s the clear winner, sold!

As for the resolution, I’m tempted to go with 1920x1080 but I dunno if everyone’s got that big a screen (I certainly don’t). Any suggestions?

Let’s go wild and make a new stickied thread once we agreed on the specifications?

[size=85]Also thank you for the compliment :slight_smile:[/size]

Faithful is awesome :smiley:

1024 Ă— 768?

At first I was like, “Aw, not of my things are pictured…”

Then I realized that the majority of my stuff that is visible from the Dynmap is either Crappy or Unfinished. Damn I need to get my Building Act together.

The zoo could be involved.

Already on the list! I <3 your zoo.

Melium brought up the idea of a official server instagram, so screens would be shared there as well if it gets green light from admins :slight_smile:

This, so much this.

If I had someone else working with me on the Fort of No Horizon it’d probably look presentable.