Arcane Cartography Project: Nether Highway Map

:slight_smile:

Here it is, Version 1.0 It is in subway/metro style:

Fullsize: i.imgur.com/a5k3g7B.png

I orignally made it to use myself last year, I used it along with aljady’s awesome map (most recent version below). I brushed it up the past week as part of the Arcane Cartography Project.

• Let me know if I missed any portals!
  • Any pointers are welcome.
    -Specs: Made using Dia. 2396px x 2170px. PNG

Look’s really cool but it doesn’t take into account special exits as being separate from the main line so it could be a bit confusing. For example, the Ocelot training zone isn’t at the end of the green line, it’s an off shoot between Kanye’s place and Aerendir Silvaras.

Yup when i was checking the new portals this week, i realized that while I may know which ones are special exits off the main route, no one else really will using the current draft.

suggestions on this would be awesome. I was going to make the circle a different colour for special exits. i duno.

I can make it similar to aj’s but using the actual dynmap layer, but i need cords. sooo many cords haha.

It doesn’t always have to be super accurate, but accuracy is a great thing.
Good map! I just never made time to make Nether map myself, heh…

If you use Illustrator, I will be willing to help with this if you’ll ever require one. :smiley:

Why is manwithacrazyhat’s house not connected to the red highway!? XD

“Why is manwithacrazyhat’s house not connected to the red highway!? XD”

I just added what exits i found on the highway system. I most likely missed a few!

No no, I’m saying that his house should be connected to the red highway instead of pink. Look how far south it goes! hahaha

He has a Spur-Road of his own that’s been there for AAAAges.

It’s been a while since I saw him. Probably could connect it without much hassle.

Ayyy that’s pretty cool. I haven’t kept up-to-date with the added exits, much less the extension of the highway since 1.8 so thanks for updating the map!

I can upload the source file for my map so it can be updated if anyone feels like being super anal with font size and dot placement. I originally made it in Illustrator but I can probably export it into something more convenient. And for the Open Source hippies among us, I can’t recommend Inkscape enough.

[quote=“aljady”]Ayyy that’s pretty cool. I haven’t kept up-to-date with the added exits, much less the extension of the highway since 1.8 so thanks for updating the map!

I can upload the source file for my map so it can be updated if anyone feels like being super anal with font size and dot placement. I originally made it in Illustrator but I can probably export it into something more convenient. And for the Open Source hippies among us, I can’t recommend Inkscape enough.[/quote]

that would be great!

That would be awesome! :slight_smile:

I am a big fan of Inkscape as well, and as part of the Project is to take this map i made using Dia (simply diagram-making software) to Inkscape.

I am gathering tiles from the dynmap. They are set at 2x zoom (two scrolls zoomed in from the zoom-out max). The tiles are roughly 1600x700. This is how much I’ve got so far: i.imgur.com/bUvwMZB.jpg NOTE: The image is 12MB

Here’s the .ai file. Lemme know if you need it in another format.

Eyeballing the coordinates with dynmap screenshots is also how I did it :smiley: