[APPROVED] Proposal for a new command

I had an idea to make a “/rules” command that would display the server rules. When people first join, there could also be a prompt to input the command.

This would cut down on everyone having to answer the same questions over and over again.

We could make note of:
griefing policy
plugins used
greylist knowhow
general server information

Also, i don’t know much about coding, but if after they use the “/rules” command, new players could be given a test to determine their knowledge of the rules. If they pass, it could be an automatic greylist.

IDK if that’s possible, but I think it would cut down on Admin/mod work.

I got the idea from a server that had a “/rules” command where everything was explained, and then the player had to go through a maze and take the correct direction (which corresponded with a correct answer about the rules) to get to a portal that took them to spawn. It was a one-time only thing for new players.

Honestly, that’s not a bad idea.

Great suggestion! This is something I’m going to do, it’s just not a priority right now.

I dont think the auto greylist would be a good idea. Just because someone knows the rules, doesn’t mean they will follow them.

Maybe, if they complete the test, it could send a message to all mods that are online.

And if there aren’t any mods online, it could direct them to the application thread.

[quote=“JogarCraft”]I dont think the auto greylist would be a good idea. Just because someone knows the rules, doesn’t mean they will follow them.

Maybe, if they complete the test, it could send a message to all mods that are online.

And if there aren’t any mods online, it could direct them to the application thread.[/quote]

New players are already directed to the greylist thread every time they try to break a block.