I figure this would be a better place to talk about all of the 1.9 changes that may be happening on the server.

Since it sounds like a new spawn will be created, I think it’s best we talk about seeds. Currently, the seed in use on the server is rather minimal in terms of biomes. We have 1 mesa and a very small mushroom biome. I propose that new seeds are checked for something a little more exciting, because as of now, it’s really just a lot of forest biomes on the server.

Also, before any of the 1.9 stuff kicks off, how long will it be until it comes to the server?

Having a very different spawn would be cool. Like something other than a forest/plains. Perhaps have the spawn be in snow, mesa or mushroom even. Just something to make it feel really different.

Hey, I just made a post in the new announcements forum.

I saw that and I am SHOCKED how quickly this is coming to us!

A few questions.

Can I ask what the new server host is? Hardware specs? This is just out of curiosity.

I plan on being there for the mumble event! However, even after finals I’ll be going home so I should be able to play a little off my home shiternet.

Secondly, THE SEED.

As I stated earlier, the current seed in use is less than exciting…Now I’m not expecting anything crazy, but I think it may be best to use MineAtlas to look at possible seeds that way we have more variety in terms of biomes. This seed here has more variety (looking for Mesas and Ice Biomes) but sadly no mushroom biomes. I don’t know if you guys consider this “Un-vanilla” but this opportunity come very VERY rarely so I think we ought to make the best of the situation here.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to attend the 1.9 Mumble meeting, since I’m currently in Russia and I’m pretty busy, but here’s some of the stuff I would propose:

• No /spawn or /home on the new world ? We know we can build roads and highways, it would make Arcane a bit more vanilla, as a sort of “trade” against the multiverse plugin.
  • Make the new world expand slowly, as a monthly thing for example, maybe tie it in with defeating the Enderdragon once a month, since he’s now respawnable ? (Idea originally from Mozos and Ytor)

As for the seed, I have been watching Hermitcraft 4, and they have their main city in a big Mesa biome, which looks awesome, but would demand from us quite a bit of discipline to not destroy it !

I also found this seed: 16000784105
Apparently, you spawn on a giant mushroom island ! Mushroom biome never spawn agressive mobs, so it would be a safe place for a spawn city, and would probably reduce the lag since no zombies would pick up eggs and stay stuck, or whatever.

A mushroom island is indeed a great spawn.

Also, I suggest doing something to make the acquiring of Elytra’s easier, because they are quite rare and everyone wants one. Maybe do something like they did on Hermitcraft 4, make them drop when the Enderdragon is killed?

[quote=“Lrd_Herobrine”]A mushroom island is indeed a great spawn.

Also, I suggest doing something to make the acquiring of Elytra’s easier, because they are quite rare and everyone wants one. Maybe do something like they did on Hermitcraft 4, make them drop when the Enderdragon is killed?[/quote]

I kind of like how they’re rare, they let you FLY after all!

DClem, the seed you posted is great with the spawn, but no mesa biomes to be seen…

There is one, albeit a bit far…

EDIT:

I did find another seed, by random, so generated for us:
-REDACTED AND SENT TO THE ADMINS-

It has 2 Mesa, one east, one north, that are very big, as well as a mushroom biome east-south-east, approximately 3k blocks from spawn. And we have an ice spike biome south of spawn, at 3.5k blocks away.
The spawn is on a small birch forest biome between two oceans, which would make for some very interesting builds, in my opinion ! Maybe some kind of “Venetian Spawn”, between land and water ?

Oooo that sounds cooool.

Very interested and I’m pleased that we’re making the jump to 1.9… I’ve yet to even see whats new, but thats part of the surprise I guess. Anyway, I was just curious as to what will be come of “the old server”? Is this merely just a second server running on a different version of Minecraft?